Research & Development
Rohini’s In-house R&D work primarily orients around the following two aspects:
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance of Finished goods and Raw Materials
- New Formulations and Enhancement of existing Products
The Expert Team
Rohini’s R&D is a proudly houses a very strong team of experts in varied areas of Herbal Formulations and Research
We have experts with very vast and varied experiences along with a fine sequence of qualifications, specifically in areas of Pharmacology, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Phytochemistry, Biochemistry, along with very well experienced Doctors and Physicians in the fields of Ayurveda, Siddha, Homeopathy and Naturopathy.
This team works based on a concept of collaborating Science and Nature and strongly believes in the strength of such a joint-operation.
Facilities & Infrastructure
In adherence to AYUSH norms, our R&D houses the following units: Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Microbiology, Extraction and Pharmaceutics.
All units/laboratories are equipped with the best in the market set-up and facilities in line with the requirements of AYUSH.
Standardization and evaluation of existing formulations are done through by Toxicological, Pharmacological and Clinical methods.
External R&D Activities
Our expert team and infrastructure provide opportunity for offering Industrial internship, Industrial visit, Pharmacy, Life Sciences-UG, PG, M.Phil, M.D and Ph.D projects to interested candidates/students.
We collaborate with the following different organizations for our Internal and External R&D activities:
- Repharma International Pvt. Ltd, Chennai
- Eswar Health Education and Research Trust, Chennai
- VRR Diagnostics and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chennai
- Sri Ramakrishna Seva Nilayam, Tenkasi
- University of Madras, (Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology) Guindy Campus, AC College of Technology, Chennai – 600025
- University of Madras, (Endocrinology), Taramani Campus, Dr.A.L.M. PGIBMS, Chennai – 600113
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, (Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Technology & Engineering), Vadodara, Gujarat-390002
- Sri Ramachandra University, (Department of Pharmacognosy) Porur, Chennai-600116
- Tamil University, (Department of Siddha Medicine) Thanjavur-613005
- Annamalai University, (Department of Pharmacology), Chidambaram-608002
- Bharathidasan University, (Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry) Tiruchirappalli-620024
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (Department of Pharmacology) Hyderabad, Telangana – 500007
- Madras Medical College (Institute of Pharmacology) Chennai- 600003
- College of Pharmacy (MMC Campus) Chennai-600003
- Madurai Kamaraj university, (Department of Nutrition) Madurai- 62502
- Bharathiar University (Department of Biochemistry), Kongunadu Arts and Science College) Coimbatore-641046
- University of Pune (Department of Pharmacology) Maharastra – 422003
- Rohini Holistic Health Center, Chennai-600037
Govt. of India Funded Herbal Research Projects
- Scientific validation of safety and efficacy profile of an Ayurvedic Herbal formulation (R05) in the Management of Diabetes mellitus – to the tune of Rs. 115.20 Lakhs funded by Dept. of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India
- Development of Quality Herbal formulation (R06A) and its scientific validation for the management of Renal Calculi – Loan assistance from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India under pharmaceutical research and Development support fund (PRDSF) program for Rs. 79.08 lakhs
- Toxicity studies and Heaptoprotective activity of Liverem, Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur
- Toxicity studies and Dermoprotective activity of Dermoshine, Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur
Applied and presentation was done at Central Council for Research in Siddha, Chennai for three drug standardization projects, supported by AYUSH, Government of India.